Wedding guest dress code – explained
Cracking a wedding guest’s dress code can be tricky. Hard to tell from the words ‘black tie’ and ‘semi-formal’ plus the weather and location details wedding guest dresses Choose. In this post, we teamed up with Revolve to share tips and tricks on which dress to choose for any type of wedding.
black | | blush | | red | | lilac | | ivory
white tie wedding dress code
This is the most formal of all the dress code options for a wedding.Think a White House dinner or a charity gala. A women’s dress is to be worn with a long gown. heel – without exception. Forget fun asymmetrical silhouettes and neon colors. Use only subtle, solid colors (preferably black or dark green, dark burgundy, brown, or other deep and elegant shades). A White Tie Wedding Is Your Opportunity opera gloves When jewelry Pair with a sophisticated updo hairstyle and neutral nails.
tea green | | yellow | | green | | pink | | red | | pink
black tie wedding dress code
A little less formal than white tie, the black tie wedding dress code can be a floor long gown, a more embellished traditional maxi dress, or dressy jumpsuitThe idea here is that the outfit should hit your ankles and not be too summery or brightly colored.
Ideally, a black tie wedding guest dress is a black gown with fun little twists like sequins and embroidered details. Yes, tulle dresses are too reminiscent of wedding dresses and should be avoided.
formal wedding dress code
This type of wedding dress code is almost identical to that of black tie, with the only difference being the length of the gown. Formal dress codes will allow you to go for shorter dress options. Just make sure the overall look of the gown is still evening-like and not too flashy.
cocktail wedding dress code
Cocktail attire is one of the most popular wedding dress code options. Guests can choose from a wide range of gown styles, from floor-length ones to tea-length (land below the knee and above the ankle), knee-length, or midi dress options. You can wear a dress that is both fun and sophisticated. Remember not to get too heavy on the embellishments and prints on the dress so that your dress does not overstate the bride’s dress.
semi formal wedding dress code
Also known as dressy casual, this type of wedding dress code does not restrict guests from wearing only gowns and allows two-piece outfit options. Think maxi skirts. That dress code is usually required for daytime weddings, so gowns and formal dresses are inappropriate for the occasion.
blue | | brown | | yellow | | pink | | floral
casual wedding dress code
Usually that type of wedding dress code is reserved for daytime weddings held outdoors or on the beach. It doesn’t mean you can wear tanks, flip-flops. Instead, think of a sleek silhouette, no revealing summer dress, or a linen two-piece set that’s sleek but suitable for daytime.
When it comes to destination wedding attire, especially if it’s taking place at a tropical resort, it’s a good idea to choose an outfit that isn’t too hot. When it comes to destination weddings, the shoe dress code is also less formal, so you can go for sandals, ballerina flats, or wedges.
themed wedding dress code
If a couple chooses either a color theme (for example, everyone wears white, but the newlyweds wear pink) or a fashion era (for example, 1920s-style outfits), then the themed wedding There are also options. With that type of wedding, it’s hard to make a recommendation as it all depends on what vision the couple has in mind. Sending options to the bride and groom makes it easier to follow their vision.
Tips for choosing a wedding guest dress
In addition to the dress code stated on your wedding invitation, it’s essential to consider how weather conditions and wedding traditions vary around the world.
- Google the place to get the vibe where the wedding takes place. Not only does it help you decide on a color scheme for your look (which is essential if you want to take great wedding photos), it also helps you plan your shoe options. For example, if the wedding is to be held outdoors on the lawn, it’s better to wear wedge, flat, or block heel shoes.
- Ask about the wedding color themeThat information can help you avoid looking like a bridesmaid when you’re not actually on the bridal team. is the highest, so you need to choose another one.
- don’t wear white to a weddingIt may seem obvious, but I have seen many people make this mistake and feel terrible about it. The same applies to ivory dresses that look almost white and prints on a white background. All of these options are inappropriate for wedding guest outfits.
- think about layersWeddings usually go on late at night, so it can get chilly. To avoid such situations, cute feather bolero Matches any formal dress in your collection. That outerwear looks sophisticated and keeps you warm throughout your wedding day.
- Start buying wedding dresses in advanceChoosing a gown is much easier than deciding on a wedding dress, but even wedding guest gowns may require tailoring. It can take days or even weeks to fit.