How to pack for the holidays to your destination
With the world and Australia opening up with fewer restrictions, travel is back on schedule for so many. But in the end, here are some practical ways I’ve tried on how to pack for a destination vacation.
We’ve put together a video with some tips on what to bring for your Easter vacation at the beach in South East Queensland. That’s how you spend Easter, and according to Wotif.com, it’s how you spend Easter this year.
What I’m packing is beach casual, but since Easter is late this year, it comes with light layers and a raincoat.
10 Tips on How to Pack for a Destination Vacation
1. Check the weather of the destination you visited. I use a weather app for this, and it rarely goes off course, even when I’m at work a week in advance.
2. Consider what activities and events you will do or participate in. Whether it’s this swim, the event, or a specific tour or activity, please dress appropriately.
3. Write down your outfit possibilities and make a packing list in advance. I use the memo function of my smartphone. The advantage of doing this is that you can refer to it while traveling if you forget the combinations you planned at home.
4. Organize all suggested outfits (including shoes and accessories) in one place. I like hanging up my clothes and seeing exactly how much my list is worth and what I need to add or subtract. Do this for a week or so so you can go back and make changes to your selections before putting them in your suitcase. Working with a capsule wardrobe whose separates work with each other is key to creating many outfit options while away from home.
5. I think the key to a practical travel capsule wardrobe is sticking to a neutral color or two. But if your neutrals are hot pinks and reds, it’s totally fine.
6. Make sure all or most of your clothes are not flattened or require ironing. Who wants to iron while on the go? not me. styling you the label With this in mind, it was created specifically for travel.
7. Add some white or black T-shirts for good luck. Pants, jeans, shorts and accessories are all you need to expand your travel wardrobe.
8. Don’t forget your underwear. It seems obvious, but there were many times when I almost forgot about myself. And one time I actually forgot. I was so caught up in dress-up mode that I forgot the main point.
9. Don’t forget your activewear. I never leave home without my sneakers. Walking and exploring new places is one of my favorite things to do.
10. Roll and pack into packing cubes. I’m a big fan of cube packing for storing different types of clothing – underwear, activewear, swimwear – all in one place. It can also be used to organize suitcases on vacation.
Are you going somewhere soon? What’s your number one packing tip?