Athleisure is taking the fashion world by storm (or pandemic!). If athleisure style has taught us anything, it’s that comfortable clothes, leggings, sweatshirts, and sneakers no longer need to be reserved for workouts and sports. A matching sweatsuit is just as stylish and chic as a blazer and jeans.
We continue to “work from home” and “stay” more than ever. Hibernating and being closer to home makes me want to dress more casually and comfortably. If you’re like me and have been feeling a little less enthusiastic about getting dressed lately. It’s time to get inspired and have some fun with athleisure clothing! In this article, we’ll show you how to look chic while wearing athleisure. There are tons of fun and creative looks to dive into.
But first, before we get to 10 stylish and comfortable looks, let’s take a look at what athleisure really means.
The word athleisure
Athleisure means “casual clothing designed to be worn both during exercise and as casual wear”. But over the years, athleisure has become the go-to outfit for fashion aficionados her influencer and street style her star. Combining these items with other casual or elegant garments has become a fashion challenge.
Athleisure is a persistent trend, Eternal influence in the fashion world. It represents a lifestyle change that embraces the fact that we don’t have to be completely dressed up to look chic, and that we can feel both comfortable and fashionable. .
Believe it or not, research In 2016, $270 billion was spent on athleisure. This number is estimated to increase by 30% by 2020, with further increases in the next few years. People aren’t buying these items just for the gym, they’re buying them to wear every day. A big draw of athleisure is comfort. People love to indulge in a casual atmosphere wherever they go and whatever they do.
Many brands like Zara, H&M and Topshop offer quality athleisure wear that can be worn with other wardrobe staples. At Current Boutique, we’ve curated a section of every store dedicated to our favorite athleisure styles. store locationWhat people are buying right now are crop tops, zip-up hoodies, leggings and oversized sweatshirts. It’s all about how you incorporate it!
How to style athleisure
This is how the chicest fashion It-girls mix and match their athleisure styles. They all have her two things in common: fashionable and comfortable.
heels and sweatpants
Combining these two things seems very strange. Heels and sweatpants may sound like an unlikely combination, but they are actually very chic and stylish.
Open toe strappy sandals give off a presence even when paired with sweatpants or sweatpants. leggings. COMFORT AND STYLE IN ONE!
- Style Tip: Wear sweatpants with elastic cuffs. They accentuate your figure and make your shoes visible.
Leather and comfortable sweatshirts
Leather is a classy and elegant material.What does a black leather jacket look like statement piece – A must have for everyone. Combining it with soft, stretchy materials and clothing is not the usual norm, but it is definitely possible and insistent.
a leather coat Black goes well with soft beige athleisure pants. For extra comfort, opt for chunky socks and sport his sneakers.
- Style tip: A vintage leather coat is definitely a must-have item right now. Don’t hesitate to buy it together with a sweatshirt or hoodie.check out Online consignment store Or pick up something truly unique at your local thrift store.
Sporty bralette and oversized button down
If you’re not afraid to show off your body, a stretchy bralette is the perfect sporting item to pair with casual or elegant outfits. You can enjoy wearing it around.
An athleisure item that many women love. It’s comfortable to wear and the styling is perfect.
- Style Tip: Team your bralette with high-waisted jeans. Your figure looks amazing.
sports caps and minimalist outfits
Accessories are a great way to spice up your casual or everyday outfit. Sporty caps seem appropriate to wear to a baseball game, but these days they have become a fashion statement.
You don’t have to choose the ordinary one. The more unique the better. Choose caps with embroidery, interesting messages and different colors. Who knew it would be a conversation starter?
- Style tip: Having a bad hair day? A sporty cap can save you. Simply put it on when you go out and match it with your usual casual outfit.
Investing in comfy shorts should be on your list of priorities this summer.You’ll look chic and comfy with beige shorts and a matching blouse. Not only is this great outdoor wear, but it’s also great for daily walks and workouts.
Match your tops and bottoms, or go bold with neon colors.
- Style Tip: Tuck a sweatshirt or blouse into your shorts. It looks much more chic.
gold jewelry and jogging pants
Striking gold jewelry is unfairly destined for formal occasions. However, many brands are working on chunky chic gold his jewelry collections that you can wear every day. After all, pairing joggers and gold was never easy.
Working from home doesn’t mean you can’t wear your favorite jewelry. On the contrary, it can be paired with sweatpants for a stylish look.
- Style tip: Pair with necklaces, rings and gold watches for a simple, chic look.
Cargo pants are a slightly forgotten piece of athleisure wear. However, It-girls gives these pants new life by pairing them with casual and elegant clothing.
Cargo pants can feel chic yet comfortable, especially when paired with blazers, basic and solid T-shirts, and trench coats.
- Style tip: Pair your cargo pants with high heels. An intimidating and stylish combination!
Complete athleisure look
How to look chic with a full athleisure look? Easy! Choose warm jackets, sweatpants and sporty sneakers. It should be kept conservative: basic and neutral shades, clean cuts and comfortable materials.
- Style Tip: Fashionable bags shouldn’t be left at home. Simply match the color and style to create an athleisure look.
parka with coat
The hoodie has become a classic and statement piece in fashion.Women wear it with jeans and trench coats, while others go bold with plaid skirts and high heels. Not surprisingly, it’s a comfortable and versatile piece that matches many other items.
Whether you’re wearing a hoodie with a blazer, coat, or trench, the colors need to match.
- Style Tip: Opt for an oversized hoodie. It offers the casual yet chic look that many women are wearing today.
Layers of layers tend to stay here. Comfortable athleisure wear is perfect for a walk in the park, weekend brunch, or watching a movie at home.
Try out matching sweatsuits, oversized long coats, beanies, sneakers and more for a unique mix of athleisure and casual wear.
- Style Tip: Keep colors in sync and neutral when layering outfits.
How to Nail Your Athleisure Looks: The Dos and Don’ts
Here are the do’s and don’ts of wearing this year’s biggest trend: athleisure.
- Pair your athleisure with other wardrobe staples. Anything mixed with leather jackets, trench coats, jeans, hoodies, leggings, shorts.
- Wear athleisure items with leather items.
- Run the layer with the looks of the layer. Instantly dress up your casual look.
- Do not wear athleisure clothing that does not fit your body type. Even if you like the oversized and chunky look, it should still look good on you.
- Don’t choose poor quality leggings. It can become transparent in sunlight after a few wears.always do opacity test.
- Mix fabrics – denim, cotton and stretchy sports fabrics.
- Don’t overdo it with bright colors or prints. Choose something neutral and basic.
- Don’t forget to add accessories, from caps and statement bags to jewelry.
The athleisure look is here to stay. I’ve learned how to dress comfortably and stylishly, even when I’m working from home or going to the grocery store. And you should always choose comfort over trend.